Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Eyes to See, Ears to Hear

"What is the message God created you to bring into the world?" my reflection read not but a few days ago.  I'm not sure I can answer that, but it might go something like this.

I am here to hold up a magic mirror in front of every person who crosses my path.  A mirror that allows the person to trade in their eyes, if but for a moment, and borrow God's for a while.  That way, even if only for a moment, they will know the fullness and splendor of their very being.

I seek to empty myself, of the small vision of my ego and the crippling effect of my fears, allowing those spaces to be so completely filled with God that I will no longer have to put unnecessary pressure on myself for a task I could never achieve alone.

I want to say to everyone person, "You are loved," and have them believe it.  Have them know why.  I want to say to the kids at the JDC, you are more than all of the abuse you have endured in your young lives; you are more than your crimes; you are more than your shame.  To have them see that it isn't about changing to get more love, or acceptance, but about accepting the love they already have.  Embracing the the beauty they already are, and living from that most basic truth.

And having everyone know that in living from their own beauty, from who they truly are in God, that they can help reflect that truth to me too.  Be a magic mirror for my own hurting, doubtful heart.

May we have eyes to see, and ears to hear the truth that trumpets from the very core we are.

"We are love, and we are made for love, and our natural abiding place is love." (Richard Rohr)

No comments:

Post a Comment